Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I have a question i got oral surgery approximately 3 weeks

Customer Question

hi i have a question i got oral surgery approximately 3 weeks ago and the destist prescribe me clindamycin 4 time per day 150 gm for 7 days but it was so strong after third dose and then the doctor change dose to 2 time per day instead for 7 days. will the antibiotic still work for bacterial infection since i stop and started 3 days later the new dose. and is it normal to have ear ache and inflamation in my ear after 3 weeks of extractions
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i had 2 wisdom teeth pulled august 21,2015 and august 25,2015 before this i also got first lower molar extracted July 1 and then on July august 5 i got the first top molar extracted. is it normal to have ear ache after 3 weeks of extraction and my ear feels inflamed inside on the left side i got oral surgery no fever no swelling
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

There is a good chance that the antibiotic will take care of the bacteria even at a lower dose. I think as long as your mouth is okay, then you are fine.

The ear ache and inflammation in the ear are probably not normal. This needs to be checked by your doctor.

I would recommend a visit to your primary doctor to look in the ear.

please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. If you have more questions, just reply