Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have several rashes. Latest in my belly button which seems

Customer Question

I have several rashes. Latest in my belly button which seems to turn my stomach when I clean the area. It is red and is limited to in the belly button. Redness seemed to go away - but, weird, but I feel like I "know I have a bellybutton" whereas, I never knew it existed before. It seems to ache maybe. Hard to explain. I also have a rash on my legs. Comes and goes, but never seems to go away totally. Have seen a dermatologist.
Have several creams which never seem to work. The best results is when I go to the ocean and soak for a few minutes. And I think it originates from the sun if I don't put on sunscreen at the beginning of the season. It can last over a year. Hoping I don't have something happening on the inside that is showing up on the outside.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Is rash itching or no? Red with scaling and flaking??

Location and long term and seeming to improve with sunlight makes me think that you MIGHT have psoriasis as possible. I have to advise that you follow up with dermatologist or see one for second opinion. There are several treatments if it is psoriasis but a prescription would be more effective than anything over the counter...a moderate strong steroid cream would likely help...

You may send photo of rash if that is possible and may be helpful...

Many people may have widespread rash with psoriasis but a focal and limited area such as the belly button is possible...

If psoriasis this does benefit from UV light or sunlight ....

I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you! If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD