DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I've been drinking alcohol heavily last 4 days. I'm usually

Customer Question

Hi, I've been drinking alcohol heavily for the last 4 days. I'm usually fine but I woke up really sick and congested today. I work a very stressful job and tons of hours in the logistics industry, so when I have time off I usually drink a lot. I figured I was just hung over but then I got a really crazy nose bleed. It was coming out of both nostrils and when I tried to plug my nose, it started running out of my mouth. Trying not to exaggerate, but it was unlike any nose bleed I have ever had. After it was over, though, I realized I felt 110% better. Just trying to figure out what the deal is with that? Should I be really concerned? Thx
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

First you should be concerned, especially about the heavy drinking.

This could have elevated your blood pressure during the withdrawal period, and this can cause the nose bleed.

If the binging goes on a long time, it can cause cirrhosis, and excessive bleeding.

Go have your blood pressure checked.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.