Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Is it a right if I take provigil if I have gh blood

Customer Question

Is it a right if I take provigil if I have high blood pressure?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr D Love and I will be glad to assist you today.

It is generally considered OK to use Provigil in someone with high blood pressure that is well controlled, although it is recommended to monitor blood pressure while starting the medicine. If the blood pressure is not well controlled, the doctor will usually want to control the blood pressure first, before starting the Provigil.

If someone has developed any heart disease as a consequence of the high blood pressure, that is more of a concern, as the Provigil is not recommended in someone with heart disease. But if the only issue is high blood pressure and it is well controlled, it is OK to use Provigil.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.