Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I wanted to provide you with more info on what exactly

Customer Question

Hi doctor. I wanted to provide you with more info on what exactly hapened and what is happening now to see if it is still nesesary for me to go to the ER. Yesterday around 5 pm i started to have constant mild cramping in my lower belly. and the need to
pass stool. But coulnt pass anything. Later around 8 My abdominal pain got worse and felt bloted and gassy. It felt like bubbles of air where poping in my stomach and it hurted. Desperate that I coulnt go to the bathroom I took 6 oz. of laxative and around
10 pm I was able to pass stool. later it was just like having diareah. I only passed watery stool. Everytime I went to the bathroom I had that intense cramping. the gas was still there and I was feeling nauseus. This morning I was still going to the bathroom
a lot of times and I was finally able to pass gass. but My stomach feels like it keeps getting gassy for some reason. I dont know where all this air is comming from. I havent been eating well. just once a day in the last week. even if I feel hungry i dont
feel the need to eat. I suffer from anxiety and when i am feeling nervouse which is almost everyday i cant eat because I feel nauseous. My belly pain has gone away since I was able to pass most of the air. However i feel hungry and my stomach feels empty.
I ate an Activia yogurt and my stomach started to hurt a little. I am now boiling 2 eggs to see if my stomach acctepts food. my stomavh feels very delicate right now. so I dont want to eat anything heavy. My body feels tored and sore because of all the straining
I have done. When ever i drink water my stomch starts to growl. I tried eating oatmeal but it made me nauseous. Can you tell me what could of possibly cause these symptoms. ???? I am scared to go to the ER.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the details.

This seems like gastroenteritis or stomach flu. The gas forms in the intestines because of the ongoing bacterial activity and not due to the food intake, having an appetite and the pain and cramping settling down is a positive sign though. But since you are passing loose bowel movements (might be due to the laxative) and have a risk of getting dehydrated since you are not able to tolerate oral foods, I would suggest that you pay a visit to the ER for some necessary lab work, IV fluids and medication.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes.