Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am experiencing nausea and vomited about an hour ago with

Customer Question

I am experiencing nausea and vomited about an hour ago with a cold sweat. Spent last weekend in the hospital via ER for what turned out to be reflux, so rather reluctant to present myself at the ER again. Had a heart attack June 23, but checked out with blood work and stress test last weekend during 23-hour hospital stay and then again with my own cardiologist later in the week. Have taken 4 baby aspirin (chewed). Nausea abating, but I don't want to be foolish here.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

If the only symptoms are the nausea, vomiting, and cold sweating, and that is improving, there is no need for you to be seen again. And particularly since you had a recent cardiac evaluation that was good.

It would be reasonable for you to manage this as reflux as well. You are probably already taking a medicine to suppress stomach acid, but you can augment this with a liquid antacid. If the nausea does not abate completely, then you can also take an over the counter medicine for motion sickness, such as meclizine or dimenhydrinate, which can also relieve nausea and vomiting from other causes.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.