Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I am a 55 year old woman. I have had a sinus headache a

Customer Question

I am a 55 year old woman. I have had a sinus headache for about a week, but now I have a knot on the right side of my face about an inch round. It is becoming visible and is tender to the touch. Is this a problem from the sinus infection?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Please describe the exact location of the knot. Is it below the face or on the face? Do you have fever? Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not want to pay another $50.00 plus I cannot process sound on the phone since my stroke. Because of those two responds I will not even rate this help.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Those were just additional services which you don't have to accept. You can proceed with your question without any extra charge. I am an ENT and head & neck specialist and can provide you best guidance. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** is about 1/2 inch to the right of my nose, under my skin and about an inch in diameter. It is painful to the touch. I no longer have a fever since the antibiotics fro the sinus infection.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. There are few possibilities. Either this is cyst and that too an infected one or can be direct extension of infection from the sinus. More likely is the cyst but it needs examination to confirm. Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations you can use OTC tablet Aleve twice daily for 3 days and if symptoms persist after that, see your doctor as you may need further antibiotics. It can be a skin infection as well but again in that case, antibiotics are required. Right now start Aleve and hope for the best. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. You answered as well as anyone that could not actually see the person. That has to be hard to do. Thank you for your advice and I will use the Aleve as directed. Thank you again
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you :) I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards