Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Low abdominal discomfort 48 hours. used GasX, used a Ducolax

Customer Question

Low abdominal discomfort for nearly 48 hours. used GasX, used a Ducolax supp. twice 14 hours apart and produced some stool, and not hard stool. Have been able to finally pass some flatus this am early. Should I try an Oil retention enema and stay on left side 15 min. or more or Mag Citrate.
Constipation has been a lifetime issue, I take two stool softeners daily plus 1 stim. laxative tab. and this takes good care of situation. I have rectocele and cystocele which was repaired 14 yrs. ago but returned so my Push is limited
Last normal stool Tuesday AM Sept.1st
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my problem is resolved, please cancel me, I've not as yet gotten answers
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Any problems in past with diverticulosis? Or when infecte it is called diverticulitis .Is discomfort more to left side ? Any nausea ? Any fever? The lower abdominal discomfort could be caused by constipation and may be a familiar problem.Only 2 days since last BM would not seem so certain to be due to constipation. You may try an enema ..yes ...you could try a few days of Miralax over the counter as usually effective.

Watch for feeling sore to press in the lower abdomen area ...if tender to press then possible cause due to infection would be more of a concern. So I recommend that you consider seeing your doctor for evaluation if you have pain that is severe enough to prevent sleep or fever or nausea . if you take steps for constipation and that helps then that would be fine.

I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD