DrHoellering
DrHoellering, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine self employed
61885400

Is viagra ok to take with Lisinopril(5mg) and Atenolol 25mg

Customer Question

Is viagra ok to take with Lisinopril(5mg) and Atenolol 25mg per day would start wth 25mg of viagra to see if it could help with some ED issues? I am 76 yrs. old.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I am Dr. Hoellering, expert in internal and sexual medicine, and happy to help you.

Viagra basically can be combined with Atenolol. Despite the fact that Atenolol lowers your bloodpressure (and Viagra is able to do that, too), it was proved in a coulple of studies that Viagra doesn't lower the bloodpressure more when taken on top. I assume that you have your bloodpressure controlled regularily, and you should continue with it. Please tell your GP that you take Viagra, because he should know, and because in very rare occasions the combination from ACE inhibitors (Lisinopril) and Viagra lead to a marginally more depressed bloodpressure.

It would be nice if you would improve your issue with 25 mg. I assume you will need 50 or 100, but you will see.

Please don't take Viagra when youhave chest pain or when you take nitroglycerine medication.

All the best!

Hi again,

You have read my answer, but didn't give a positive rating for my help yet. Is any question still open? Please feel free to ask!