Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Is daily use of adderal instant release safe?

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

What is the situation, age of patient, dose ?? These factors play role in relative safety ...no problems with heart or anxiety? If pediatric the potential issues could occur with lack of normal weight gain for age. Anxiety symptoms should be monitored as possible side effect. Also blood pressure should be checked . insomnia too is possible side effect.

So it may be used on daily basis -- Yes to that -- it does have its set of precautions with this medicine as well....

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further information or questions. I will be happy to get back with you! If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm 21 year old male. The dose is 20 mg and I'm also on buspirone 15 mg for anxiety.

Hello again,

Ok I see ...the Adderall may help you with ADD symptoms but may be counter-productive as for anxiety. At age 21 I would not expect you to have health issues to make Adderall a concern such as to high blood pressure for example ...

I hope that this is helpful Let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What other adverse affects could it have?

Hello again--

Well it is a stimulant and this is how it may benefit ADD but it may cause anxiety, rise in pulse, rise in blood pressure, headaches . chest pain, insomnia as the top concerns...

Other side effects listed ...I can give more detail. Do you have any particular concern??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I'm wondering if it can cause memory problems.

Hello again,

No it is not reported to cause memory problems

Let me know if you have any other concerns with this medication ...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will it help my academic and job performance?

Hello again,

If you have a problem with ADD (attention deficit disorder) then yes , the ADDERALL should help with your academic and job performance .