Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I want to know if it is a reasonable way to deal with pain

Customer Question

I want to know if it is a reasonable way to deal with pain my pain is multidemtional I have breathing issues shortness of breath and crohns disease. Ive had 5 very complicated back surguries all fusions spondi-4 and I seem to do really well on about 100-150 mg of oxycodone a day. I feel this is reasonable as I don't take anything else. I don't smoke drink or take other drugs only pentasa for cronhns and organic food not too much. Ive been taking these drugs for about 23 years the only reason I take this amount is tolerance over time. what do you think? Idid go without for about 3 weeks this summer and I feel I would die without my drugs. the pain at night was awful and in the day I was reduced to a wheelchair. when I take the drugs life is great. let me know
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

this is a large dose, but that is due to tolerance.

As long as this has been assessed in person by a pain management specialist, and you have been cleared to do this, OK.

However, this is in conjunction with physical therapy, physical medicine doctor assessment, and any other manual medicine techniques needed, a well as any anti inflammatory indicated.

The overall dose should be reduced as possible.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just curious now how do i cancel my subscription?

We have nothing to do with your financial arrangements with just answer.

We use the site to answer as experts.

We are only paid per positive rating [and bonuses] and that is the only way we can offer this service.

Please click a positive rating.

As far as subscription issues and the like, customer service can help with all of that.