Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

About 6ish weeks ago I started sweating, sweating a lot,

Customer Question

Hello!
So about 6ish weeks ago I started sweating, sweating a lot, where I had to change my clothes during the day because they would be wet from sweat! About a week ago I started getting goosebumps with the sweat, so every time I start sweating, extremely sweating, I start getting the goosebumps all over my body! I do not have fevers, I check all the time and my body temperature never goes higher than 99.6. The excessive sweating is just about Constant, it doesn't stop! About 6ish weeks ago I noticed I was going to the bathroom a lot, to pee. Sometimes I would get this urge that I really had to go Pee but when I got there barely anything would come out. It does not burn when I'm going to the bathroom, there is no pain when peeing. Extreme, excessive sweating accompanied with goosebumps and having to go to the bathroom a ridiculous amount of times during the day, what is causing this? I do you have thyroid disease. not severe thyroidism, i'm on the lowest dose of thyroid medicine.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Sudden onset excessive sweating and urinary frequency can be due to the bladder infection case common explanation.

Infection can cause sweating without fever.

So urinalysis is very important.

The next possibility can be diabetes.

Since you have thyroid disease, you are at risk for diabetes as well.

Please get checked for that.

Next possibility can be worsening thyroid disease --that means rechecking TSH free T4 levels.

Next possibility will be diabetes insipidus --this is due to the anti diuretic hormone related problem.

Either pituitary gland in the brain is not producing enough or your kidneys are not responding enough to ADH.

can present like this.

Lastly, estrogen and progesterone imbalance can cause these symptoms as well.

Hence, you will need to discuss with your doctor on these issues as next step.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/