Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I hope I am being paranoid. I was with another guy. He said

Customer Question

Hi Doctor. I hope I am being paranoid. I was with another guy. He said he was negative for HIV. I performed analingus on him (licking his but a lot for like 10 - 15 minutes). I know this is not a portal for hiv. My concern is I tried to finger him (only
a small portion of my finger went inside him) which lasted a few seconds at most because he asked me to stop because it was painful for him so of course I did. My finger was in tact. I saw no blood on my finger. However, I then returned to performing analingus
on him. I did not taste any blood or see any bleeding from his rectum. My concern is by performing analingus on him briefly after the attempted fingering could I be exposed to HIV? Could I have gotten his blood in my mouth. I know this sounds crazy, but I
just need some peace of mind and clarity. Thanks so much.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

I apologize for the slight delay in my response as I was away.

I understand your concerns about HIV but with this route the transmission rate is VERY LOW indeed. It is less than 0.1%.

Practically speaking the risk is even lower and in your case since you do not have any sore in your mouth and also considering that your friend was most likely HIV negative your risk is negligible to say the least.

So I would not worry whatsoever.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Rate me by clicking on one of the stars at your end.

Kind regards