Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am looking and feedback regarding a health issue.. I have

Customer Question

Hello.. I am looking for direction and feedback regarding a health issue..
I have been battling candida or fungus. It was in my throat and mouth as well as upper part of esophagus. I was diagnosed a few years ago. I took nystatin and diflucan and felt much better. Fast foward to the last 4-6 months I have been having the problems again but much worse. Tried diflucan again and it did nothing. I have brain fog, white tongue, very fatigue, mood swings, can't eat sweets or drink alcohol with a host of other sympthoms. I believe it became rooted at someone point in throat/esphogus area as I feel it's "leaky" in that area. I went to doctor and was admitted to hospital. They said only people with hiv, cancer or diabetics get this. They tested me for everything...all negative. Dr put me on iv antifungal and my body starts to respond to it. The GI doctor just performed an endoscopy. He collected for biopsy since he couldn't visually see anything. Since he didn't visually see anything the ID doctor stop the iv antifungal and discharged me. I know I'm not crazy but they seem to dismiss what I'm telling them. Im.extremely frustrated as I have been dealing with this the last few years. Even on the roof of my mouth is dry. Is there any other tests I can have performed or tested. Please help.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
excessive anxiety and worry symptoms can cause brain fog and white tongue and dry mouth and mood swings and fatigue and cause chest pain and chest pressure symptoms.
acid reflux of stomach acid up from the stomach to the esophagus can cause chest pain symptoms.
do you have excessive anxiety or worry symptoms?
do you have acid reflux?