DrHoellering
DrHoellering, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine self employed
61885400

My boy friend's wife has stage seven alzheimer's.

Customer Question

My boy friend's wife has stage seven alzheimer's. Tonight (as at times before) he talked about her in a monologue to his dinner partner for 45 minutes with me sitting there. What does this indicate to you?
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, this sounds very much like a bad conscience to me. And: The fact that he has a girl friend doesn't mean that he doesn't care for his wife anymore. He still can remember the woman she was. Since ou are not the appropriate person to talk intensively about his worries concerning her, he does that with his dinner partner.

She will stay a part of his life, and she will keep his mind busy. Maybe you can tell him that you are, in fact, the right person to discuss his wife because you don't have any reason to be envious. This would be much better than irritating dinner partners with this topic, and help you getting closer.