Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have always had issues with constipation. However past

Customer Question

I have always had issues with constipation. However for the past couple weeks I have had loose sometimes pasty stool over 6 times per day and my stomach hurts before and after. Today it was black like tar. Also a few weeks ago when I went something that looked like a polop came out that when touched was filled with puss.
Thank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Well black tarry stool is a sign of lower GI bleeding. You should go to the ER.The occurrence of gastrointestinal bleeding May be a range in severity but this can be bad enough to require emergency care and even transfusions and can even be fatal. So it is a very serious type symptom that demands immediate medical attention. You sound that you may have a lower GI infection as possible cause. The abdominal pain and diarrhea would fit ....the scenario is inclusive of some bad potential complications however. It is for these potentials that I recommend that you go right away to the ER for further evaluation and care.

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD