Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have had mid back pain one year in the thorasic area. I

Customer Question

Hi
I have had mid back pain for almost one year in the thorasic area. I have had my gall bladder removed after they found gall stones but the back pain never left. I have had Ultrasounds of my liver, kidneys, spleen, portions of the pancreas all came back unremarkable. I had a endoscopy done to check for ulcers and they found gastritis. I have had 4 rounds of full smack bloodwork in the year time and nothing has changed.. However For the past three to four days I have had tan stools and now I am starting to worry that something else is wrong! I finally went to a neurologist who schedules me for an MRI and now I am very nervous about what they may find. My hall bladder surgeon said my pancreas looked very healthy while he was removing my gall bladder and the other doctors I have seen said I have done the steps and if it was something more serious I would have more symptoms?
Thank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. what exactly you mean by tan stool? Have they evaluated your spine so far? How exactly the pain feels? Stabbing dull ache etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tan stool meaning like almost a yellowy stool I guess you can say. X-rays of my spine came back normal now they want to do an MRI. The pain in my mid back is like a radiating pain kind of dull and I have a pain now on my left side bottom of my rib cage sensitive to the touch!
I am not concerned if I have an injury more worried about a tumor or cancer as I know a lot of cancers start with back pain! So I am worried about that
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Have you noticed blood or mucus in stool? Any weight loss or loss or appetite?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of that no! I just have been told that all the tests we have done and the amount of time it has been that if something "scary" was wrong I would have more symptoms.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per symptoms the only thing which I can suspect is muscular pain or might be a spine related pain which was not picked on x-rays. MRI will provide answer to that and your next step can be a visit to physical therapist. Now coming to the point of cancer, I would like to reassure you that you don't even need to think about cancer because pain is never the starting symptom of cancer. Pain occur in cancer in the late stages and by that time tests should have easily picked up cancer. Tan color stool never indicates cancer and absence of other symptoms that I asked for make me 100% confident to reassure you that cancer is out of question in your case. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you I just was worried about the pancreas mostly we had a few friends over the last 4 years die from it and it started mostly when they felt back pain. So I was in a panic to be honest, guess i should just believe in all the doctors who I have been too.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your friends but I assure you that your pain is not related to your pancreas rather anything serious. So just relax and take my words. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards.