Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have insomnia and want to get a script but I am starting a

Customer Question

I have insomnia and want to get a script for belsomra but I am starting a new job tomorrow so would only be able to go to an urgent care. I don't know if they could prescribe that.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried so many medications. Ambien is sometimes still effective but not as much as before. I have been taking it for about 4 years now, off and on.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for contacting Justanswer.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get a different sleeping pill prescription from urgent care and not my primary care doctor? I cannot take time off my new job to go to the doctor but urgent care is open in the evening.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

Please take all your prescriptions and the reports of your investigations done and then go to the urgent care and tell them about your insomnia and the medications that you have been prescribed, and which work for you and which don't. With all these facts the doctor at the urgent care will prescribe the appropriate medication which will help you, and this medication need not be the same as your present prescription. He or she may prescribe a different medication if indicated.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it weird for me to ask for a specific drug, belsomra? I have not tried it but researched it and thought it could be a solution.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

It would not be weird for you to consult your doctor about whether this medication will be suitable for you or not. Just mention that you have read online about this medication. Patients ask these questions all the time.

Take care.