Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am taking Tacrolimus liver transplant since 4/5/2015. I

Customer Question

I am taking Tacrolimus for my liver transplant since 4/5/2015. I also have Sympathetic Reflex Dystrophy of my right foot since 10/2013. The management of my painful foot had been challenging. I am on Nortryptaline, Lyrica and marijuana. This had been the best control yet. However, marijuana causes personality changes in me.
Do you know of any drug interactions that might cause me to have personality changes.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Tacrolimus can interact with marijuana, lyrica thereby increasing the risk of their side effects.

The serum level of marijuana and lyrica may increase as the result of interaction.

You can try reducing the dose of lyrica and marijuana while on tacrolimus to see any improvement over 2-3 weeks.

Since you are stable to this regimen, this is difficult to find an alternative to these medications.

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today.

If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask.

I am here to answer them.

I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****