Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Ken

Customer Question

hi ken
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
can I help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi ive had a small lump after going to the toilet for quite a while now but have not really done anything about it, it is painless and does not bleed, but recently i have noticed that im getting spasms in this area before and after bowel movements also i feel the urge to pee more after bowel movements and sometimes there isnt much to come out? can you help me?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
the small lump sounds like a swollen hemorrhoid next to the anus? is this where the small lump is?
small hemorrhoids or anal skin tags would not cause problems with urination
the urination is a separate issue than the small lump
you could have overactive bladder muscles which can cause urgency and frequency of urination and cause very little to come out
there are medications which can help with overactive bladder muscles
but you have to see a urology doctor for testing of your bladder muscles
are you willing to see a urology doctor to test your bladder to check for overactive bladder muscles?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it comes between the anus i can push it back up during wiping, and then it dissapears until the next time.i also feel the spasms sometimes when bending over or standing straight this has been on and off for about 3 weeks its not always there and it does go away is this something that overactive bladder muscles could causethere is no pain just ever so slight nerve spasms that sometimes lead me to needing the toilet
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it sounds like a protruding hemorrhoid
Yes your symptoms sound like overactive bladder muscles
Or it could be due to nervous bladder syndrome if you have excessive anxiety
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do get quite anxious and these last few months have been quite stressful i feel i have a little depression / anxiety most daysive just never felt spasms like these before, i have recently been to the doctors for a twitch in my eye and numbness in my face like slight pins and needles above my lip and chin, but they put this down to anxietyi do sit on a chair at work all day and feel quite tense and anxious could this be causing the involuntary muscles/ spasm?what do you recomend the best cause of treatment? for both hemorrhoid and other problem?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
your bladder symptoms could be from your excessive anxiety
There are treatments older your anxiety which could help your bladder symptoms
Medications like ssri agents like Zoloft or Paxil along With Valium or klonopin can help decrease anxiety and could help your bladder
Talk to your doctor about those
Also try steroid creams like hydrocortisone and proctosol to help with the hemorrhoid
Avoid constipation and eat more fiber to help soften your stools
let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now please leave positive feedback below.
You can always reach me as Dr David. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

do you have any other questions?