Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Dr., I've been thinking about mutations. Let's say I

Customer Question

Dr. David, I've been thinking about mutations. Let's say I have some micromets that the AI's were supposed to kill. But, the AI's didn't work right while I was drinking wine every night. Then the micromets or maybe the ITC's could have started dividing.
I know that ER+ cancer is supposed to have fewer mutations, but realistically, the first divisionn COULD have been to an ER- cell. If that's true, it's all over, right? I'll have cancer that can't be treated with the AI's. Please don't say I'm making up a
scenario, from my anxiety. I know that I am. But I'd really like to hear your answer to this.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
you need to stop thinking about these scenarios which you don't have control over
wondering and worrying about scenarios you don't have control over is a manifestation of your excessive anxiety disorder.
you can't control if you have ER+ or ER- cells in your body
you have done everything you can to fight your breast cancer
there is no doctor who can tell you if you have an ER- or ER+ cancer cell in your body.
all you can do is to continue to take your AI therapy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you didn't answer my question--the whole point was that my strong ER+ cancer was supposed to keep me from getting a recurrence. But it just takes one mutation for that all to go away, right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OR are ER+ cells just not likely to mutate so far as to become ER-, because they are so slow in the first place--not that they won't mutate, but that they won't mutate that far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please answer me, Dr. David
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
we don't know when cells can mutate or not
doctors can't monitor one cell or a group of cells.
you have build up this expectation that your high ER positive rating in your cancer will prevent you from having a recurrence.
your anxiety about having breast cancer recurrence is quite severe.
all you can do now is take your AI therapy.
we see this in many patients after their therapy ends.
for you to join breast cancer support groups can help
you should talk to other patients who have been through cancer therapy.
worrying about one cell or one mutation in your body which you can not control and can not see will only worsen your anxiety and will not help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think I want to rate you for this. You never answered my question
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
your body has ways of fighting breast cancer cells other than the AI therapy
you have your immune system and DNA repair enzymes and also macrophages and and WBC cells which attack cancer cells
so even if you have one ER negative cell, your body can kill cancer cells
the AI therapy help decrease estrogen to help make your breast cancer cells dormant.
you need to stop stressing about what one cell will do.