Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

My baby ate cucumbers and then started to cry and has a hard

Customer Question

My baby ate cucumbers and then started to cry and has a hard time taking a full breath. He's laughing and playing but every now and then starts to cry because it hurts. He's only 3 and can't describe to me how he feels
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it's lodged in his chest, what should I do ?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ....

It is highly unlikely that that it had lodged in chest because if this happens then cough is the prominent symptom , it is possible that baby may developed abdominal colic which is episodic abdominal pain secondary to spasm in abdomen , try to burp baby by massaging in her / his back and massage abdomen gently , everything will be ok .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's not breathing right. He's breathing hard, he cannot finish a sentence without stopping for air??
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Oh , then its mean that something in baby,s air way , please go to ER immediately then don't delay .

Hard breathing and failure to complete sentence is not a good sign and definitely indicates something obstructing airways .

Go to ER please .

Good luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For instance right now he's playing a video game, he's laughing and screaming but it looks like he's breathing fast and hard....... He's not breathing naturally , I just bout a Vicks vaporizer to help, should this work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just bought **
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

This will not relieve obstruction if there is no obstruction and simple irritation then this will help .

I think baby will be ok .

Relax .

Good luck .