Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

My daughter has DVT and on her third blood thinner

Customer Question

My daughter has DVT and on her third blood thinner Coumadin.She has reacted to the injectable and the generic Warfarin . Her body is constant pain. She also has celitac disease, hypothyroid, and proytein c deficiency which means a life time on coumadin. My daughter is not the typical patient. It took years before she was diagnosised with celitacs. I feel she is the zebra in the herd of horses and NO medical doctor looks for or at the zebra. I am in the medical field and at a loss even to know what type specialist does she need. Her doctor even told her she didn't know what was going on. Her doctor has ran many many blood tests and all negative. My daughter is in constant pain . What do we do and where do we look for answers
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear about your daughter's condition.

Has she been tried on newer anti coagulants like Xarelto, Eliquis?

A hematologist should be consulted with.