DrHoellering
DrHoellering, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine self employed
61885400

I am wanting to remove a root canal,not because it is

Customer Question

Hello I am wanting to remove a root canal,not because it is causing any pain bit I have suspicions that it is hurting my health I have developed Copd a degenerative disease despite never smoking or being around bad pollutants.My research on root canals showed that the famous dentist who invented root canals tryed to warn about the danger of degenerative diseases from the pathogenic bacteria that is trapped by the dead tooth.I wonder how difficult is it to remove my top molar after 5 years ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you.
COPD never is a consequence of root canal infection. Tooth conditions in fact can harm your heart (they can harm the valves and lead to myocarditis), but COPD is another thing. In some people asthmatic problems or a hyperreactive bronchial system lead to COPD.
Of course you can nevertheless have your molars removed, but I would never remove healthy teeth! An X- Ray can show if the root canal is infected, or if there is a cyst there. Only in that case I would remove the tooth.
Parodontitis, by he way, brings along many more pathogenic bacteria and does much more harm to your heart. So professional dental cleaning is the best precaution.
All the best!
You have read my answer.
Is there any question left? Please feel free to ask.
If not, I thank you for pushing a positive feedback button for me.
Thank you very much and a beautiful day to you!