Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

To Dr., MD, a person comes and goes from a basement that had

Customer Question

to Dr. Thomas, MD, a person comes and goes from a basement that had asbestos abated with a frequency of about once a week. They spend 20 min each time in the basement checking pipes and boilers. No air quality testing was done pre or post abatement. The
person feels that they may be exposing themselves to some residual asbestos as the basement is very dirty. They come home and fear their shoes/ cloths may be carrying fibers. is this possible? is this something to fear? is there a way to know if their cloths
shoes have asbestos?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
can I help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, Dr. Thomas, MD, has replied on this topic in the past, he is needed for follow up
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I see nothing to fear here at all.
There would have to be free asbestos dust, breathed over and over, for a longer period of time, to pose significant risk.
If you request me in the future, please use a long request lock as well as my name in the title.
If you expect more than a simple, one line answer, please set the question up as a complex answer needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a way to know if their cloths shoes have asbestos?
Lab testing.
Please find me on a new post if you have further questions.
As I advised in the past, I think, you need to get your anxiety problems treated.
It is not asbestos that is the problem here.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.