Excessive burping is due to the expulsion of air from your stomach.
fast eating without proper chewing is one common cause.
Acid reflux and inflammation of the stomach is another common cause.
Also some people tend to swallow lot of air during talking or eating.
That can be an issue as well.
Hence, follow measures are suggested to prevent the burping:
1. Chew your food well.
2. High fiber low fat diet favored--vegetables, whole grains, fruits.
3. Drink plenty of fluids
4. try out Simethicone ( GasX) strips after meals to reduce gas formation
5. Consider an antacid like Ranitidine 2 tablets before meals every day.
6. Get checked for stomach infection lik H pylori by a stool or urea breath test.
7. Avoid smoking, caffeine, alcohol for now.
8.Start taking a probiotic like Culturelle daily.
You should see improvement within 4 weeks with these measures.
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile: