DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I am in the state of shock. I tested positive on a urine

Customer Question

I am in the state of shock. I tested positive on a urine test today for benzosl. I did not take any benzos. I am currently taking welbutrin, prozac and recently loratadine was added. Yesterday I accentally took my prozac twice 40mg. Why is this happening. I swear i did not take benzos, but my rehabe center will not believe me and discharged me immediatelyy Please advise if it possible to test positive for benzos and for what reason. thank you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Once there is a positive test, the sample is sent for GC/MS confirmation,
and this shows the exact drugs you have taken.
If your center did not do confirmatory testing, they can not claim you were positive.
If they did, then either you are positive, or the samples were mixed up.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.