Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My daughter had wisdom tooth extraction on 7/14 and was

Customer Question

My daughter had wisdom tooth extraction on 7/14 and was given Ketamine and Versed. About 1-2 weeks she began experiencing sleep deprivation, auditory hallucinations, and dis-associative thoughts. She is 5'7'' and weighed 115 lbs. She received a total of 3 mg versed and 12.5 mg Ketamine. She woke up while surgeon was suturing and I don't know what dosage or drug given at time since no documentation -just remembered her saying she was "put back down". Could Ketamine cause the side effects? no history of schizophrenia in family. She is 18 years old. How long would Ketamine stay in system -I have read 2-4 days and up to 14 days
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

I think that this is UNLIKELY to be ketamine related, although it is possible but would be VERY rare if it happened.

I would recommend that she be seen by a psychiatrist to be evaluated fully to make sure all possibilities are ruled out if that has not already been done.

Kind regards