Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

What should I do if I'm experienced intermittent skipped

Customer Question

What should I do if I'm experienced intermittent skipped heart beats
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

You may consult your doctor BUT this is common phenomenon...You may most commonly have intermittent PVC s (Premature ventricular contractions) these are electrical phenomenon that occur in everyone but more often at times in some...this would be my first guess as to your cause.

You may have benefit to try a simple supplement of over the counter magnesium oxide 400mg once a day...magnesium tends to suppress frequent PVC s...

A Holter monitor could help determine if your heart rhythm over 24 hours,is normal...If you have some emergence of abnormal rhythm such as atrial fibrillation or other or PVC s frequent ( several per day is,normal but sometimes can be VERY frequent such as periods of every other beat for short time(Bigeminy) ----other scenarios possible..

An echocardiogram or ultrasound of heart would also be helpful test to rule out an abnormal valve problem. That is another possible scenario that may make you feel skipped beats ( mitral valve prolapse)

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD