Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am having severe back pain since late Dr 2014. I have a

Customer Question

I am having severe back pain since late Dr 2014. I have a spine doctor, I have had an MRI in Feb 2015 after begging him, and he says the MRI shows nothing. I am in constant pain, cannot lay on my sides, cannot lift, sweep, laundry and now my hip and side of leg hurt and I find it hard to walk. From the middle of my back to my hips it's unbelievable pain
I cry, scream tell the doctor there has to be something wrong b/c a person doesn't hurt like this. I have fallen from the shower and several times outside. I don't want to live in pain the rest of my life. Please tell me something new! Robyn Carpenter
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnwer.
If the MRI does not show anything, what was the basis for the diagnosis of degenerative disc disease for the injections?
Do you have the formal report of the MRI that you can attach?
Have you been tried on any oral medicines for the back pain?
Have you seen any specialists other than the Spine doctor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No medications, haven't seen anyone else but am scheduled to see another spine doctor the 27th of August. I have MRI report but don't know how to get it to you?
The instructions for attaching a picture or file can be found at ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sending MRI report. .hoping it comes thru
OK. I will review it once it comes through.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sending again
OK. When you can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent it 3 times. Have you not received anything?
No report has been attached to any of your posts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not calling, it's really late and I am in pain and need to lay down. Thank you for your time. Robyn C
I have not asked you to call. I was trying to review the MRI report to see if there was any specific intervention that would be appropriate.
Without the MRI report, the best that can be done would be some general interventions that can be tried for back pain from a variety of causes.
It may help to use an oral anti-inflammatory drug, not only because of the effect on relief of inflammation, but also because of a direct analgesic effect.
It also can help ease chronic back pain to use medicines that suppress the firing of the nerves carrying the pain message. The most commonly used medicines include certain anticonvulsants, such as gabapentin or pregabalin, and certain antidepressants, such as amitriptyline or duloxetine.
Physical therapy interventions also can help many different causes of back pain. Some of these can be done at home, such as local application of ice and moist heat, stretching, or massage, but there are also certain modalities that require being seen by a Physical Therapist.
If you can attach the MRI report, then there also may be interventions that may be considered for the specific findings on the MRI report.