Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My lower legs have been extremely swollen maybe 3times

Customer Question

my lower legs have been extremely swollen maybe 3times larger then regularly today is day 5, (i have elevated, soaked in warm bubble epson salt , took diuretics, anti inflammatory, , aug of last year i was involevet in a bad car accident, since then I can not have a bowel movment with our suppositories, I need help, im not having anything side effects , i know I havent changed anything, also with the swelling I have these little black wholes ever where..
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
Could you attach a picture of the black holes?
Are you having any shortness of breath?
What injuries were sustained in the car accident?
Have these injuries completely healed?
What medicines and doses, if any, are you currently taking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
accident never was diagnosed or treated, but been haveinbg issuse since then, i was thinkg presser on a nerver .. im taking and sending pics now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pressure its bad and hurts i was going to go to er , but i see my primart wed at 10am
''
Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no im not
just tingling arms and and hands, no lung, heart pain or differents...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just dont really want to go to the er... it said 45$ to talk on phone what do you specialize in?
Thank you for the additional information.
There are many possible causes of swelling in the feet. It can be due to venous disease, either because of a blood clot in the vein or venous insufficiency. There can be systemic conditions, such as heart failure, liver or kidney dysfunction, or thyroid disease.
The skin discoloration is a non-specific change in the skin related to the swelling, so does not help to differentiate the underlying cause.
With this amount of swelling of sudden onset, it is better to be seen urgently. Some of the possible causes of swelling should be treated quickly.
Until you are seen, it may help to apply compression of the legs, such as with compression stocking or with an elastic bandage. Continuing the elevation is fine. It may be appropriate to take a higher dose of a diuretic, but it is unclear which diuretic you have been taking.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know. If you would like a phone call and are located in the US, then I can send an offer for service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your information. it just seems everytime ive ever been to the er myself or with a loved on, we walk out knowing nothing more than before going in. I do have medical good insurance, but if this is life threatening , Maybe I shouldnt wait on my primary visit on wed. She will judt give me a referral.. the only think I did different was i took a sewing needle and drained it, maybe I have a staph infection in my blood.? if it isnt better in 24 hours I will just go to the ER, guess it is better to be safe than sorry!
Or you can go to an Urgent Care Center, but it would be better to be seen.