Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

If there is a doctor here with some specific experience with

Customer Question

Hi, if there is a doctor here with some specific experience with the heart, I'd really appreciate an opinion. I've been having some pain in the front of my neck on the left side, a little above my clavicle. The pain is intermittent. Could this be a blockage causing pain?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

I think I have helped you before.

this pain doesn't sound typical of heart related pain

it sounds more likely to be from acid reflux

or excessive anxiety can cause throat pressure and pain as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You sure have, your picture changed. Is this you or the other picture? Just curious.
You helped me with the brain lesion. But I'm not being paranoid or imagining. The strange front neck pain on the left side, would not be caused by a possible blockage?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it is me

I changed my photo for personal and privacy reasons.

it would not be caused by a blockage

anxiety can cause very real chest pain symptoms or chest pressure symptoms or lump in the throat symptoms or throat pain symptoms.

acid reflux can cause real symptoms as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pain is not in the throat, it feels almost muscular, it's not in the throat and not in the chest .
Also Doctor, when I saw my neurologist in December 2014, my right scalene muscle would not move. I felt no pain and would never had noticed this if I'd not seen in the mirror that when I for example would clench my teeth together, only my left side of neck/scalene would move. No matter what I did, I could not get that right scalene to move. I had no problems from it but just could see it wasn't moving. My neurologist thought it was odd but didn't know the reason but he noted it in my file.
Fast forward a few months later and I looked in the mirror and tried again to flex the muscles in my neck and now the right scalene is moving again. What could have caused something like this? Stroke?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, you wouldn't have had a stroke.

your were probably not moving the right muscles before

you are way too anxious over your scalene muscles

your pain is most likely from your trying to move your scalene muscle all the time.

you have strained this muscle.

you need to stop doing this.

your muscles are fine.