Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

I have a chest pain last few weeks the ecg is clear and the

Customer Question

I have a chest pain for the last few weeks the ecg is clear and the painters better with hot water bottle or pain killer but jam worried what could it be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, your age ? gender ? since when you have this pain ? does this pain increases with exercise ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ian 74 woman and I have high bp but under control also I have dilated aorta the pain is if I move at certain angle and not other wisw

Thank you for your reply, you need a CT angiogram because with dilated aorta you cannot under do stress test.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the cardio told me is muscular as I get pain when I move in a certain way but jam worried

I agree, it is muscular, but as your aorta is dilated and there are increased chances of dissection of coronary artery so CT angio is best option to make sure it is not cardiac pain or angina.

Let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shall I rush to the emergency now?you make me worried
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did have an echo about three months ago but now Ian worried I don't have breathing problems or sweating or any other symptoms only the pain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What number can I call you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which number can I call you

No it is not an emergency as your ECG is normal.

It is possible angina which can be dealt on outpatient basis. which means it can be done within next few days to a week

I am sorry I have not added a number for call, so you cannot avail this offer. Thank you.

Because It is atypical pain which is most likely muscular. but as you have dilated aorta so with this problem there can be dilation of coronary arteries as well in several people. This is not emergency and can be dealt on out patient basis, emergency visit is not needed.