Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

After surgery, pituitary hypsechtomy I contracted a

Customer Question

After surgery, pituitary hypsechtomy I contracted a bacterial sinus infection. It lasted for over a month. During radiation therapy the disease spread. My leg became swelled. I couldn't walk. I went to an ER. An infectious disease doctor assessed the case.
I was given sivextra, oral; I didn't want to stay in the hospital. I am on my second round of clindamycin. Honestly, am I making something out of nothing? I first picked up MRSA in 2005 after my first brain tumor. Since, I routinely obtain MRSA infections.
I wash properly and disinfect my laundry and take precautions.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

As for MRSA, the staph bacteria in general commonly colonized the skin and the lower nostrils.

You may help eliminate skin colonizing staph bacteria by placing 1/2 cup bleach into bathtub then fill with 2 inches of water....You may take bath in very dilute bath solution as such and that helps to eliminate colonizing skin staph bacteria including MRSA...May bathe in such 3 days in first week then once a week for several weeks

The nostrils may usually be cleared of colonization by a course of RIFAMPIN (antibiotic but has high concentration in nasal secretions)

The Sivextro is usually effective vs a MRSA infection. Each infection may need culture and antibiotic resistance testing...

It may help to wash counters with a dilute bleach solution as well....

How is your leg swelling doing now?? Better at this time I hope...

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD