Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I'd like the best answer to a cosmetic question. I'm

Customer Question

I'd like the best answer to a cosmetic question. I'm approaching 40 years old and eagerly want to look my youngest. I heard Phytoceramides are great supplements to do that. I don't want creams just the phytoceramides. I want someone to find me the greatest phytoceramide in the world for anti aging. Specifically, one that has the greatest chance of reducing my age by 20. I want the phytoceramides pill that will make me look 20 years younger; no less. I already used the Miracle Pill advertised on Dr. Oz for several months and made no difference. I'd rather not go bottle to bottle. I want the best expert on staff to research for me the best phytoceramides brand in the world for taking 20 years or more off the face. Thank you,
Craig
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
No pill is going to do that.
I am not sure where you got such an idea?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything on the web and Dr. Oz's show speak of phytoceramides that make one look younger. Many say 10-20 years off the face. I just want to know which one is best.
There is no good study evidence that these work at all.
There is only one small study, not definitive, that shows it might help hydrate skin.
It does not reverse ageing...that is marketing hype.
Since there is little to no data, you certainly can not say which one is best.
The best you can hope for is that you have a reliable company that actually has these in the product.
I have found a number of companies to be reliable.
Twin lab
Ethical nutrients
Solaray.
Nature's way and Nature's Plus.
Source Naturals.
There are no studies at all comparing different products...none.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.