Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

My son broke s tibia and fibula in s left leg. He had

Customer Question

My son broke his tibia and fibula in his left leg. He had flexible pens(rods) inserted thru the shaft of the tibia which held it together while the bones healed back together. This break happened one year ago 8/14/14. In March he went back to dr and had the hardware removed, and had healed fine. Tonight he complained of a knot, swollen and red, below his knee and pretty much under the scar from his hardware removal. He said it doesn't hurt. What is this?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he plays football. In fact, he broke his leg playing football. He says he didn't twist his knee or fall in it or anything like that. He says its from all the running they've been doing.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ....

Red , swollen area below knee should be evaluated for ruptured bakers cyst .

It would be ideal for him to immediately get Ultrasound for proper diagnosis and appropriate treatment .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .