Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Type Your Question Here...

Customer Question

Type Your Question Here...
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have several spinal, pelvic, & femure fractures. I'd like to know if the Wii- balance assessment/ neurohabilitation board may help? I've had a kypoplasty at L1 2012, since then I haven't been able to stand up straight. I fell again in June 2013 & fractured my right femure. I was a chiropractor & RN. I've had physical therapy. Prior to these injueies I was able to dance, do
yoga & now I'm working with pilates. Please call ASAP Patsy at: (###) ###-#### ***** you Patsy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for a call back.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
I am sorry you have had all of these injuries and fractures.
physical therapy under the guidance of a physical therapist is the best way to help improve your strengthen in your legs and core.
you can also try aquatherapy and exercise therapy in the water if you can find a program.
you can try a Wii balance board, but you have to be able to stand on your feet without support to be able to use the Wii balance board.
there are leg exercise step boards that you can buy that you can use to strengthen your legs and improve balance. these might be less expensive than the Wii balance board.
have you stopped physical therapy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. David, 8-11-2015
Thank you for your answer. I need some extra time (1-2 days) to give this some extra consideration.
Patsy
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are welcome
let me know if you have other questions
thanks for using JustAnswer.com