Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I have a mucusy cough after eating, sometimes at night after

Customer Question

I have a mucusy cough after eating, sometimes at night after dinner. Sometimes during the day. It's really like throat clearing and stuff in my throat. I take prilosec once a day as I have had this awhile and kind of self diagnosed myself with silent reflux.
I'm 30. Could this be something more serious? I don't smoke and know about diet restrictions. Can I just continue to treat this and hope it doesn't do internal damage? I have bad allergies too but my nose is pretty clear so I'm not thinking this is allergru
related.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

HI there ...

It is highly likely that you are suffering from acid reflux with symptoms of cough and clearing throat .

Keep yourself away from coffee , chocolates , cheese , and high fatty meals , spicy meal .

Continue Prilosec 20 mg once at bed time for 4-6 weeks and see response , hopefully this will go away .

If after 6 weeks of treatment if you feel no improvement then you should consult dr .

Good luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should I see a doctor for? Stronger medicine?
Is this dangerous for cancer?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

No this is not dangerous , and this is just the reflux of acid back in to food pipe , if after 6 weeks of treatment you feel no improvement then you should see a dr for Endoscopy and clinical examination .

And yes for stronger medicine .

Regards .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Does it take time for control symptoms?
I was taking it and was symptom free and stopped the prilosec and now 2 months later. Started again
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Yes it takes little time to improve , so continue Prsolec , you will improve with passage of time.

Good luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .