Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I had sharp pain in my left testicle almost exactly a month

Customer Question

I had sharp pain in my left testicle almost exactly a month ago, and in a few days it managed to subside. However, for the past month the discomfort has been lingering, and every so often it will throb once to a few times with pain. Since the initial pain I felt a month ago, I haven't really been able to keep my mind off of it either. Upon self-examination, I found no bumps or swelling of any kind either. I'm really freaking out and worried and thinking the worst, really REALLY hoping that it doesn't end up being cancer or kidney stones. What should/can I do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
you should see your GP doctor about this testicular discomfort and get a scrotal ultrasound
it could be a mild case of epididymitis or you could have a cyst or hydrocele in your scrotum.
your symptoms don't sound like testicular cancer or kidney stones
but you might need a course of antibiotics to help treat a bacterial epididymitis infection
do you have a GP doctor you can see who can examine the area and order a scrotal ultrasound?