Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a paín in my middle front right side, no vomit my

Customer Question

I have a paín in my middle front right side, no vomit my stomach is making noises, I have had chills through out the day. And I must mention I have 10x the amount of enzimes in my liver. I have also had kidney Stones in the past and that is the sort of pain I feel now but in the front
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Have you had a fever with the chills? If so, how high a fever?
What has been identified as the cause of the increase in liver enzymes?
I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.
It is possible that kidney stones can cause pain that is felt in the front, particularly if the kidney stone has passed further before it has started to cause symptoms. However, with chills, there is concern that there could be an infection, particularly if there is a fever with the chills. It is possible that an infection can occur with kidney stones, so the two problems are not mutually exclusive, but an infection requires urgent attention more often than does a kidney stone.
There also are certain liver conditions that can cause pain in the middle front right abdomen. The fact that this feels like the prior kidney stone is more worrisome that this also is related to the kidney, but since you also have a history of liver disease, it is appropriate to consider the type of liver disease and whether it can also cause such pain, which is why I ask whether the cause of the elevation in liver enzymes has been determined.
If you can provide the additional information or desire any additional clarification, then I would be glad to comment further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No fever and no chills, the doctor was unclear on the liver enzymes because the ultra sound didn't show anything to worry about it was a fine liver, a little bit of a fatty but nothing urgent. The pain has stopped but it comes and goes.
If the problem with the liver was a fatty liver, that would usually not cause any pain, so it would be more worrisome that this is being caused by kidney stones.