DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My mother has a dark spot on her leg, she is diabetic, the

Customer Question

My mother has a dark spot on her leg, she is diabetic, the spot is itching her. what can she do, how can this be treated
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also a type 2 diabetic. The doctor said it to do with her circulation ...but i dont know what to do to care for this...
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
If it is from bad veins the only way to treat it is
weight loss
walking
compression stockings.
And very tight control of diabetes.
There is no pill that fixes the spot.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for responding....currently she walks alot and is not very over weight, her diabetes fluctuates but mostly under control. from what i know the doc told her not to itch the spot, which is hard for her, would the compression stockings not cause her circulation to be worse?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
No.
The problem , if veins, will be helped with the stockings.
She needs to clarify this with her doctor.
If the problem is with an artery, then she rather needs to see a vascular specialist.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.