Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I want to know how I can get my card canabis

Customer Question

I want to know how I can get my card for medical canabis
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It is not possible to get a card for medical cannabis through this site.
However, we can discuss the process by which you can obtain a card for medical cannabis. It varies by your state, so could you tell me where you are located?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
California
Let me confirm the method for California and I will post again shortly.
Within California, the first step would be a certification by your doctor that marijuana is recommended. California does not require seeing physicians that are specially certfied. Any physic***** *****censed in the state can do this. There is a list of approved diagnoses, but the doctor is not limited to the approved list and can still recommend medical marijuana for any condition for which marijuana provides relief.
Have you discussed the use of medical marijuana with your regular doctor?
I have not heard back about whether you have discussed this with your doctor.
Most people are most likely to get a recommendation for medical marijuana from the doctor that is most familiar with the patient. However, if your regular doctor is not willing to consider medical marijuana, it would be appropriate to consult with a specialist in the area of the problem that is present. In your case with a neck problem, it would be appropriate to consult a Neurosurgeon or Back Surgeon.
After you get documentation of the recommendation from a doctor, you will need to apply at the local county program. You will need to fill out an application form, pay the fee, and show the doctor recommendation, proof of identity, and proof of residency.
If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.