Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

HAS LARGE HEMORRHOID THAT IS BLEEDING CAUSE S RECTUM TO BE

Customer Question

HAS LARGE HEMORRHOID THAT IS BLEEDING CAUSE HIS RECTUM TO BE BLOCK.ALSO A SMALL ONE PRESSING ON IT .HAS ALL TEST AND THEY KEEP TELL THERE IS NOT ANY WRONG . IN A LOT OF PAIN LOST WEIGHT. AND THEY OR GOING TO PUT A LIGHT DOWN MONDAY,
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
I am sorry for his situation.
he need to see a surgeon to get an anoscopy performed which is different from a colonoscopy.
he should get prescriptions for proctosol cream and hydrocortisone steroid suppositories to help use steroid creams to help shrink his hemorrhoids
if they don't shrink, he needs a biopsy of his anal hemorrhoid to rule out anal cancer which can also bleed as well and will not shrink from steroid creams and suppositories.
he needs to use a stool softener like colace and laxatives to soften his stools to allow his bowel movements to pass.
I'm surprised the prior GI doctor who did the colonoscopy didn't biopsy the hemorrhoid or recommend steroid creams and suppositories.
he can ask his doctors for a prescription for lidocaine 5% ointment to put on the area to decrease pain.
let me know if you have questions.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you don't have to start a new question
sometimes surgery is used for large hemorrhoids which don't shrink up with steroid creams and steroid suppositories.
surgery is the last treatment for hemorrhoids
if it is anal cancer that he has, this is best treated with radiation therapy and surgery if the cancer hasn't spread.
he would need a biopsy to see what is going on if there is any question if it is an anal cancer.
ask his doctor if the rectal mass needs to have a biopsy.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
do you have any other questions?