Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a moderately positive ANA titer, 1:320 speckled,

Customer Question

I have a moderately positive ANA titer, 1:320 speckled, homogeneous, negative dsDNA, negative ENA panel, ESR elevated for last several years, highest was 56. My feet and ankles are constantly swollen despite sleeping with them on pillows every night. I don't have any real rashes. I do have flaky skin on my cheeks and across the bridge of my nose, but the skin is not red (I'm dark complected, so I don't know if I'd be able to tell), so I don't really consider it a rash. I have frequent headaches and dizzy spells that make me feel as though I will pass out, but I've never passed out. There is always trace to moderate (occasionally large) blood in my urineas well as ketones every time I take a urine test for the last 8 years. My hemoglobin and hematocrit were low until I had a hysterectomy in 2012. Hemoglobin is still occasionally low. My WBC is always low and has been for years. I just generally feel ill most of the time, and nobody can figure it out. My doctor says it's not lupus because the ENA and dsDNA are negative. I didn't think these were enough to rule it out, but I'm just not sure.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

it can be any other connective tissue disorder like mixed connective tissue disorder.

This should be discussed with a rheumatologist.

Your symptoms have several clues for autoimmune disorder.

And your ANA titer is also high enough to consider further evaluation.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/