Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am a smoker, last week I have had really bad nasal drip,

Customer Question

I am a smoker, for the last week I have had really bad nasal drip, there is junk that just sits in the back of my throat all day every day for the last week, I wake up around 2 in the morning every day and my sinuses and nose are so dried out that they hurt and feel like there is something on the sides of my nose but nothing will come out, on Sunday I went on this site where you can skype with a doctor, I had talked with a doctor and explained what was going on and she looked at my throat and up my nose which was over the cam, she called in a prescription for amoxicillin and I have been on that for two days but doesn't seem to be working, I'm stopping smoking, can someone help me?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
We discussed this yesterday.
What further information are you seeking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My nasal passages are so dry, the post nasal drip is still bad, I doubt that the antibiotic is going to work, what should I do about this?
We talked about this yesterday. If the amoxicillin does not work, then you need to see your doctor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you please opt out so I can speak with another expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please opt out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there another expert that can help me???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can someone please help me??
It has been over an hour since I have opted out and no other expert has addressed the question. If you could explain what further information you are seeking, I would be glad to provide that information.