Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I have had indigestion past 4 days with a lot of gas in my

Customer Question

Hey there. I have had indigestion for the past 4 days with a lot of gas in my stomach. I am experiencing a tingling sensation down my spine and up into the back of my neck. I always think I'm having a heart attack. I've had my heart checked out 4 times and wore a holter monitor for a month. I get heart palpitations when drinking caffeine or stressed. I'm a 30 year old female, 200 lbs and am 5'8. I've been working out really intensely for the past two weeks for the first time in a long time. Could this be causing the tingling and indigestion? I just don't want it to be heart related.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

I am sorry to hear about your issues .

First thing be positive , these symptoms are totally not related to your heart or heart attack , tingling , stomach upset , palpitations , indigestion are symptoms of anxiety , as you mentioned you are stressed and I want to reassure you that you have no heart issue .

I will suggest you to avoid coffee , chocolates , caffeine , cola drinks .

Cap Omeprazole 20 mg at bed time will take care of stomach issue .

Just try to overcome anxiety .

Get proper sleep , proper diet .

You will be ok .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Abid,It seems as though anxiety only kicks in after one of these symptoms starts. I have had palpitations the last 4 nights with no caffeine as I know that does cause issues. Could the indigestion, palpitations and tingling neck/back be caused by my excessive/hard workouts? Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Yes , all of symptoms could be underlying hard worker with lack of proper rest , proper diet , proper sleep .

So it is not related to heart .

Good luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .