Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I take beta blockers to manage my BP Can I increase the dose

Customer Question

I take beta blockers to manage my BP
Can I increase the dose temporarily as my BP
Has been difficult these last few days?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello-

We advise that you work with YOUR PRESCRIBING DOCTOR on this. Our role is to try and provide helpful information. I would be happy to review your recent BP READINGS and if you want to share the medications that you are on. Doses as well...I may be helpful to review these details....

I am not out to try and contradict what your treating doctor is doing to try and help treat your hypertension though...

It may be helpful for you to keep a record of daily BP readings...seated and at rest 10 minutes ...record 12 or 20 such readings...this is most helpful for your doctor to review and decide if a change may be needed ...

You may benefit also to reduce your salt / sodium intake ...

It may be that more immediate action may be needed and knowing your actual readings would be helpful in this ...

I hope that this makes sense and is helpful for you.LET me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD