Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

J

Customer Question

J
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, but no question came through the system.
How can we be of assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I couldn't figure out how to do this website. I'm on 2g data right now so it's slow.I'm having testicle pain. I got check about 2 months ago by a urologist and the prostate check stuff and got an all clear. Said it was my lower back muscle. Except my scrotum has gotten very loose and saggier than normal. Kind of vainy. Left testicle is now lower than right. Both are sensitive. Hurt when running, ache after long walking. Feel OK when laying down. Need help its bothering me. Groin muscles are also very sore.
How long have you had the testicular pain?
Is the sensitivity in the testicles only?
Or is it also sensitive around the testicles and higher in the scrotum?
When you say you are on 2 g, what drug are you referring to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haha 2g is the data my phone is using - disregard thatPain is mostly in groin sides and back of testicles has worst pain but overall testicles get it. Sometimes if I have to have a bowel movement then my butt area will hurt. The sensitivity can sometimes change but it usually hurts to put pressure on them. Had specific pain for about 2 months. Pain before that was overall groin but alot less sensitive. This pain is weird because it stays in testicle but sometime I can feel it in my abdomen or butt area
Thank you for the additional information.
This pattern of pain is most worrisome for pain in the epididymis, the tube that collects the sperm from the testicles and carries it up the scrotum, through the groin, and then into the pelvis to the prostate.
The most common cause of epididymal pain is from an infection of the epididymis, called epididymitis. This can be an acute infection with sudden onset of symptoms or a chronic infection with a more gradual onset of symptoms.
It is also possible to get epididymal and scrotal pain related to irritation of the nerves that serve the epididymis and scrotum, but this is less common and usually only considered after infection has been considered and excluded. If you were having the testicular, scrotal, and groin pain when you were seen by the Urologist, then he likely considered infection.
The usual treatment for epididymitis is antibiotics, and chronic epididymitis may require up to 12 weeks of antibiotics. Although several different antibiotics can be used, the most common first-line antibiotic is doxycycline.
For nerve irritation, the most common approach is to use a medicine that suppresses nerve irritation, such as gabapentin or pregabalin.
The loose and saggy scrotum are non-specific and will typically improve as the underlying condition improves.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what should I do next then with the information you have given me? Can I show this info to the doctor or no?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also is sexual activity allowed and OK?
It would be appropriate to see your doctor again to discuss these issues. It is fine to print this information and bring it with you to the appointment, but the doctor will typically know the proper evaluation and treatment for these conditions.
Epididymitis can be caused by some germs that sexually transmissible, such as chlamydia, and others that are not. It would be more of a concern if there is any evidence of infection spreading to the urethra, the tube in the center of the penis. If there is evidence for chlamydia, the sexual partners should also be treated and it is recommended to avoid sexual contact until that is done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if I've never had contact with someone else? Is this an STD or just a straight up infection? And are you saying its OK with a condom or not at all?
If you never had contact, then it would have to be one of the non-sexually transmitted germs. Condoms reduce the risk of infection, but does not eliminate it, so the advice to avoid intercourse means all intercourse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with all of this , should I stay away from exercise? Also can I workout my upper body or will that upset the pain more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its definitely not safe to recieve any oral sex?
It is fine to do any exercise that does not make pain worse.
As I said above, if there is evidence for chlamydia, it is recommended to avoid sexual contact until that is done. You have not yet relayed ay evidence of chlamydia, so it cannot be said that it is definitely unsafe to receive oral sex.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now today I had completely different problems, hurts when walking, shooting lain up the left testicle and up the groin left side. As well as tingling feeling once a while in the penis and had burning urinations. Nothing seems consistant enough. Is it possible that I have an infection AND a lower back problem that's upsetting my groin?
It is always possible that two problems can be present, but it is statistically less likely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to be asking alot, should i wear very tight or loosish briefs? My entire work shift today I felt like the aftermath of being kicked in that area. Constant ache from my testicles being sensitive. Will they be able to diagnose this right away or will I have to wait 2 months for a urologist again?
It is usually better to wear supportive, but not tight briefs.
Usually, it can be diagnosed readily, but as with any condition, it is sometimes necessary to see a specialist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK apparently the ultrasound showed I had a small varicocele on the left. Which is the one most sensitive. I read that it usually doesn't cause pain though. I also read that the surgery isnt exactly perfect and has alot of complications. I'm just wondering if it's actually the reason for the pain or if I just have that? Apparently it makes you lose sperm and stuff but I haven't seen any losses like that.
You are correct that it usually does not cause pain, but it can, and the only way to know would be an examination, so would need to be addressed by your doctor.
Please provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more thing, yesterday and today I am dealing with urination issues. Last night I had to go 5 times in 10 minutes from each other. I also accidentally urinated in my pants a little. Seems almost uncontrollable. When I go there isn't much. Is this becasje of the antibiotics I am put on for epidymitis
Although related to the original problem, this is not a clarification of the answer to the original question. And you have not yet provided a positive rating for the original answer that was provided 10 days ago.