Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have seb. Keratosis confirmed by my TP. Not dangerous but

Customer Question

I have seb. Keratosis confirmed by my TP. Not dangerous but how do I get rid of these brown spots? They are just on my arms and I do not even want to wear short sleeve shirts as both arms are unslightly because of these brown spots that you can rub off
with your fingernail or your finger tips. Any suggestions for getting rid of these things? Thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information: Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience? You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link Other method of uploading photo or a file is:1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this page Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Do you need some further assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having trouble getting a picture of my arms. My treating dr. has checked my arms thourorughly and established this dx. Will any kind of oil work to reduce these brown spots such as Tea Tree oil or any other kind of creame or oil that would improve appearance of my arms? Thanks a lot for any suggestions you might have.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the clarification:Vitamin C serums can help in reducing the intensity of the pigmentation. It is safe and can be applied for upto 6 months. Tea tree oil may not help much . Vitamin C has a specific role in releasing pigmentation from the melanocyte( color producing factories). Do you Agree with what I have mentioned?Would you like me to release the application for giving me a rating for my answer provided?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Pavin: There are so many dosages and tlypes of Vitamin C serum, What would you recommend for my situation? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
You can use Vitamin C serums from the Clinique or Neutrogena or Lancome. Vitamin C from 15 to 20 % is the purest.Keep the Vitamin C away from sunlight as it degrades rapidly. For your situation you can use 20 % serum . Do you Agree with that I have mentioned?Would you like me to release the application for giving me a rating for my answer provided?