Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I've had an eye twitch on my bottom eye lid year now.

Customer Question

I've had an eye twitch on my bottom eye lid for a year now. The funny part is that if I touch a section below my mouth on my chin the twitching stops. I was thinking of consulting a neurologist to see if a botox shot can be injected on the spot that when I touch it with my finger, the twitching stops- on my chin, just below my mouth. What do you think I should do? Please help.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!You describe problem of mucle fasciculation which is common of eyelids as a problem. This might benefit from medicine such as Klonapin -- I agree that you may benefit to see neurologist The suppression of symptom to press on place of chin is unusual! I have not run across that aspect of this ( perhaps some feedback affecting the facial nerve??)Idea of botox injection might have merit but I think of the area is spasm would be of potential benefit ...I doubt botix to chin would help you...I hope that this information is helpful for you Let me know if you have further questions or concerns I will be happy to get back with you! If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD